If you have a busy schedule, it can be hard to find 30 minutes or an hour every day to workout, I know! If this is you, just try breaking it up instead! Go for a 15 minute walk in the morning. Make it brisk, make it count, don’t just stroll. And then in the afternoon or evening, get a 15 minute workout in in your living room. If you have a great workout program, use it, even if you have to just do half of a DVD to make it only 15 minutes. If you just want to kind of wing it for a while, make yourself a circuit that’ll last 15 minutes. Try something like this:
- 2 minutes warm up, jumping rope in place
- 1 minute push ups, go to your knees if you can’t do 1 full minute on your toes.
- 1 minute squats. Remember to keep your knees behind your toes and your weight in your heels. Really SQUEEZE on your way up. If you need to make it more difficult, hold some hand weights.
- 1 minute jumping rope in place. No need for a real rope!
- 1 minute bicep curls. 30 seconds ‘regular’ and 30 seconds ‘hammer’ curls
- 1 minute walking lunges. Get that back knee LOW & really push up through your front heel on the way up.
- 1 minute jumping rope
- 1 minute plank, up on your hands and toes if you can. If not, drop down to your forearms and toes if need be. Make sure your back is flat & your booty is in alignment with your back.
- 1 minute calf raises. Definitely hold some hand weights & really focus on the squeeze on the way up.
- 1 minute jumping rope
- 1 minute lateral raise – use either light hand weights or a resistance band
- 1 minute sumo squat
- 2 minutes jumping rope
- STRETCH the muscles you just worked. DON’T skip this step!!
This kind of circuit will get you a nice workout in 15 minutes but you have to really focus on the movements. Make it hard. If you’re not shaking after each exercise, you need more weight in your hands!
And remember, these shorter workouts are meant only for days where you truly do not have time for a nice, good thorough workout. On days you can get more in, it’s more effective to do it all at once. But breaking it up like this is better than having no workout in at all!
I’m happy to help with personalized programs – or explanations of the above, just shoot me an email email@example.com or comment below.
Ready? Now go get your workout in! 🙂
If you’ve been doing things like this, but it’s not challenging anymore, it’s probably time for a more advanced workout. Give me a shout and I’ll help you pick a program that’s perfect for you & get you more results!
~To Your Health~