**The WINNER of this giveaway has been contacted via email! Thanks to everyone who entered – hope you’ll all enter the next giveaway, Tracie Long’s Figure 30 hips. 🙂 **
I’ll start out by saying…I wasn’t really sure about this. I didn’t know what to expect from Jazzercise at all, but I know it’s been quite popular over the years. Their new DVD, Jazzercise: Burlesque has been a hit, so I wanted to try it out and review for you all.
Collage Video was kind enough to send me a copy to review and they’re also sponsoring a giveaway. So here’s what I thought…
First, I secretly was pleased with the fact they were wearing corsets on the front cover.
After a few days of putting it off, I decided to give it a try. The first thing I was drawn to was the fact that all of the girls in the video were wearing cute pink corset-type tops and black pants. And the set was nicer than most exercise videos.
Now I’m not very coordinated, and admittedly a terrible dancer. Really. I’m not just saying that. So I didn’t have high hopes for myself being able to keep up or do it right at all.
I was pleasantly surprised. First, the moves were fun and a little sexy, but not over the top and actually easy to follow. I had no mirror in the room so I have no idea how I *really* looked. Ha!
The music was good, and most of it I’ve heard before. There was even a little Christina Aguilera action going on…rightfully so.
Each song had new choreography to it, but each set was similar so there still wasn’t much of a learning curve, luckily. After a few songs, I was sweating a big but I was actually having fun with it, so I wasn’t complaining. The cueing was good too, not too much but enough so I was able to get an idea of what I was supposed to do without staring the entire time at the TV screen.
Some constructive criticism I have about the video was that I felt that the cool-down and stretching section at the end was a bit lacking. The stretching section was still in line with the vibe of the video, so it was a little dancey-burlesque but I didn’t feel like I got a very good stretch. I would recommend taking a few more minutes after the video to do some deeper stretches for your main muscle groups. It’s so important!
So the low-down. Would I recommend this video? Surely. It was fun, and a decent workout, and a good change from the norm. It also made me feel more coordinated than I really am.
Okay, so here’s the GIVEAWAY details…!!
- You must complete at least the mandatory entry, listed below. Additional entires are available as outlined below. The more entries you complete, the better your chances of winning!
- You must reside in the U.S. to win
- You must comment ON this blog post for EACH entry you qualify for. Your comments ARE your entries and that’s what is used to draw the winner!
- I will use a random number chooser to choose the winner from the entries (random.org)
- The winner we be contacted via the email address they provided. Failure to respond will result in a new winner being drawn.
- Enter by March 2. No more entries after 11:59 pm on 3/2/12 will be counted.
- Winner will be drawn and notified on March 3.
- TWO extra entries: SUBSCRIBE to my blog (Leave 2 comments for this so that you get both entries!)
- ONE extra entry: “Like” Collage video on Facebook www.facebook.com/collagevideo
- ONE extra entry: Follow me on Twitter
- FIVE extra entries: Blog about this giveaway (Leave 5 comments for this so you get all the entries!)
- ONE extra entry for EACH day you tweet the following:
Review & Giveaway #enter to #win Jazzercise Burlesque DVD http://www.AmyRomeroFitness.com