Attention~ The winner of this giveaway was Shannon H. She’s been contacted and verified. Thanks so much to everyone who entered! Please stay tuned, I’ll be doing more reviews and giveaways in the near future!
Tracie Long has been around for a while now, she’s not new the fitness game. She knows how to help us get fit. She has been a part of the wildly popular “The Firm” series for a very long time and even manages a Firm studio of her own. You can learn more and connect with Tracie on her website: www.tracielongfitness.com
I recently tested out one of her latest DVDs, Figure 30 hips. Ladies, I know many of us feel like our hips are a problem area. I like to find workouts to build a little muscle in that area so there’s less to worry about. So I was very excited to try out this workout specifically for the hips.
So, my review of Tracie Long’s Figure 30 Hips. First, Tracie’s accent is cute. She’s from South Carolina, and she doesn’t try to hide it. It was actually kind of nice to hear a southern accent on a workout video, I’m not sure I’ve ever heard that before on DVDs like this. The set was simple and not distracting. She’s the lone person on the video, no additional people doing the workout with her. One thing I didn’t really realize was that I was going to need some “stuff” for the workout. You need a bar of some type. I used a dust mop handle (unscrewed from the dust mop!). And you need something to help your feet slide around on the floor. I have hardwood floors, so a rag worked fine for me. My only real hangup, I was supposed to have ankle weights. I don’t own any!
Some pros: First, I did feel my hips working from very early on in the workout. I’m POSITIVE I would have felt an even greater burn if I’d had ankle weights! Second, I’m glad that the moves were not the usual type of hip moves. I was slightly worried we’d be doing 100 side leg lifts or something. But happily, much work was done standing and only a little on the ground. The workout was never boring and I’d do it again.
The only con I have is this: There wasn’t enough cueing for me. I do like to have a little more heads up on what to do and when. I found myself missing a few moves here and there because of it. However, of course, once you do the workout a few times, I’m sure you’d know what was coming and not need the cueing anymore because you’d learned it.
Overall, I did enjoy the workout. I think it’d be great for folks to add into another routine to strengthen the hips and also improve joint mobility.
Okay, onto the fun stuff – the giveaway…!
- You must complete AT LEAST the mandatory entry, listed below. Additional entires are available as outlined below. The more entries you complete, the better your chances of winning!
- You must reside in the U.S. to win
- You must comment ON this blog post for EACH entry you qualify for. Your comments ARE your entries and that’s what is used to draw the winner!
- I will use a random number chooser to choose the winner from the entries (random.org)
- The winner we be contacted via the email address they provided. Failure to respond will result in a new winner being drawn.
- Enter by March 16. No more entries after 11:59 pm on 3/16/12 will be counted.
- Winner will be drawn and notified on March 17.
Mandatory Entry: COMMENT below, telling me your favorite workout style
- ONE extra entry: “Like” Collage video on Facebook www.facebook.com/collagevideo
- THREE extra entries: SUBSCRIBE to my blog (Leave 3 comments for this so that you get all entries!)
- ONE extra entry: Follow me on Twitter
- FIVE extra entries: Blog about this giveaway (Leave 5 comments for this so you get all the entries!)
- ONE extra entry for EACH DAY you tweet the following: (Comment every day that you tweet)
#enter to #win Tracie Long’s Figure 30 Hips Workout DVD http://www.AmyRomeroFitness.com