Archive for category DVD Giveaway
**The WINNER of this giveaway has been contacted via email! Thanks to everyone who entered – hope you’ll all enter the next giveaway, Tracie Long’s Figure 30 hips. 🙂 **
I’ll start out by saying…I wasn’t really sure about this. I didn’t know what to expect from Jazzercise at all, but I know it’s been quite popular over the years. Their new DVD, Jazzercise: Burlesque has been a hit, so I wanted to try it out and review for you all.
Collage Video was kind enough to send me a copy to review and they’re also sponsoring a giveaway. So here’s what I thought…
First, I secretly was pleased with the fact they were wearing corsets on the front cover.
After a few days of putting it off, I decided to give it a try. The first thing I was drawn to was the fact that all of the girls in the video were wearing cute pink corset-type tops and black pants. And the set was nicer than most exercise videos.
Now I’m not very coordinated, and admittedly a terrible dancer. Really. I’m not just saying that. So I didn’t have high hopes for myself being able to keep up or do it right at all.
I was pleasantly surprised. First, the moves were fun and a little sexy, but not over the top and actually easy to follow. I had no mirror in the room so I have no idea how I *really* looked. Ha!
The music was good, and most of it I’ve heard before. There was even a little Christina Aguilera action going on…rightfully so.
Each song had new choreography to it, but each set was similar so there still wasn’t much of a learning curve, luckily. After a few songs, I was sweating a big but I was actually having fun with it, so I wasn’t complaining. The cueing was good too, not too much but enough so I was able to get an idea of what I was supposed to do without staring the entire time at the TV screen.
Some constructive criticism I have about the video was that I felt that the cool-down and stretching section at the end was a bit lacking. The stretching section was still in line with the vibe of the video, so it was a little dancey-burlesque but I didn’t feel like I got a very good stretch. I would recommend taking a few more minutes after the video to do some deeper stretches for your main muscle groups. It’s so important!
So the low-down. Would I recommend this video? Surely. It was fun, and a decent workout, and a good change from the norm. It also made me feel more coordinated than I really am.
Okay, so here’s the GIVEAWAY details…!!
- You must complete at least the mandatory entry, listed below. Additional entires are available as outlined below. The more entries you complete, the better your chances of winning!
- You must reside in the U.S. to win
- You must comment ON this blog post for EACH entry you qualify for. Your comments ARE your entries and that’s what is used to draw the winner!
- I will use a random number chooser to choose the winner from the entries (random.org)
- The winner we be contacted via the email address they provided. Failure to respond will result in a new winner being drawn.
- Enter by March 2. No more entries after 11:59 pm on 3/2/12 will be counted.
- Winner will be drawn and notified on March 3.
- TWO extra entries: SUBSCRIBE to my blog (Leave 2 comments for this so that you get both entries!)
- ONE extra entry: “Like” Collage video on Facebook www.facebook.com/collagevideo
- ONE extra entry: Follow me on Twitter
- FIVE extra entries: Blog about this giveaway (Leave 5 comments for this so you get all the entries!)
- ONE extra entry for EACH day you tweet the following:
Review & Giveaway #enter to #win Jazzercise Burlesque DVD http://www.AmyRomeroFitness.com
Thank you SO much to everyone who entered the Rodney Yee Yoga Burn giveaway! I have several more videos to review and giveaway, and the next one will begin THIS weekend, so stay tuned!
I drew the winner through www.random.org. The winner has been contacted. Congratulations, Andrea, you should get your package from Collage Video soon!
Thanks again for everyone’s participation!
Next up, Jari Love’s “Get Extremely Ripped 1000 Hardcore” (sneak peek to my review: “oh lawwwwd I’m sore!)
Have a good weekend everyone!
So I should start by saying, this wasn’t my first yoga experience. But it was definitely unlike any other yoga class or DVD I’ve done.
Rodney Yee’s Yoga Burn (http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/rodney-yees-yoga-burn-7568) is a stand-out among Yoga DVDs. Collage Video was kind enough to allow me to review this DVD that I already owned – and they are sponsoring the giveaway. You can visit their site here: Collage Video – they’ve got TONS of workout DVDs from TONS of instructors
First of all, Rodney Yee is possibly the best Yogi I’m aware of. At first, I wasn’t too sure about him because, well, he wears very little clothes. But after a few minutes I realized that was very helpful. I’m not sure if it was his intention or not, but with him actually wearing very little, you can see exactly what the alignment of each move should be. It’s much easier to know what you’re supposed to be doing when you can see so much of him. The camera work was fabulous. There was never a time when they cut away at an inopportune moment. I was pleased they used close ups when needed and pulled back for full-body views often. The set was pleasant-looking and not distracting. Of course the music was typical to that of the ‘good’ yoga music in my opinion. The only downfall that I found with the video was that it was entirely voice-overed. It just seems a little disconnected in that regard.
This video is called “yoga burn” because you’re constantly moving and working. That is how it’s different from most yoga practice. I knew within 10 minutes that I was going to be working up a sweat. And I did, and it was refreshing. Rodney stays true to yoga though, and doesn’t slip into some weird hybrid to make you work harder and you end up forgetting you’re supposed to be doing yoga. Yoga for me is usually slightly difficult, relaxing and definitely increases my stamina and flexibility. This workout was different in that I could feel muscles working much harder and quicker. I did not get bored at all and found the movements much more ‘fun’ than usual yoga practices. While I was constantly moving, it was not rushed, and I was still able to be very mindful of my movements and my breath. This would be a fabulous workout for people who want to have a faster paced yoga workout and also want to feel challenged and engaged. The video was 60 minutes long, which was the perfect amount of time. For more traditional yoga practices, I’d go longer, but since this was more challenging, I was definitely ready for the cool down when it came.
I felt very strong and relaxed at the end and it made me realize I really need to work more of this type of workout into my schedule. I typically stick to strength training and a little cardio, but I’m committing now to work this workout in at least once per week…for myself. It’s like dessert! 🙂 So, yes, I would recommend this to a friend. But not a beginner.
To make it a little more interesting, I have some pictures of me doing this video. Of course, they’re still shots, so you can’t tell that I’m moving, moving, moving, but I still thought you may like to see, especially if you’re not already familiar with yoga at all. Or. Maybe you’d like to just marvel at how pale I am in the winter? Either way, here ya go – and yes that’s my Christmas tree up. In the middle of January. Hey, at least it’s not June and still up…! (And stay tuned thru the pictures for the GIVEAWAY details!) 🙂
Okay, now onto the long awaited part…
- You must complete at least the mandatory entry, listed below. Additional entires are available as outlined below.
- You must reside in the U.S. to win the giveaway
- You must comment ON this blog post for EACH entry you qualify for
- I will use a random number chooser to choose the winner from the entries
- Enter by JANUARY 20. No more entries after 11:59 pm on 1/20/12 will be counted.
- Winner will be drawn and notified on JANUARY 21.
- Mandatory Entry – Visit the Collage Video website and comment below with another of their videos you find interesting
- Extra entries – 2 Entries for Subscribing to my blog (Amy Romero Fitness) (Comment below once you’re subscribed telling me you did so (include the name you subscribed with!), or to tell me you’re ALREADY a subscriber!)
- Extra entry – 1 Entry “Like” Collage Video on Facebook (Collage Video ) (Comment below once you Like them on Facebook telling me you did so.)
- Extra entry – 1 Entry EACH day that you share on your facebook wall: “Enter to win Rodney Yee’s “Yoga Burn” DVD! Visit www.turboromero.blogspot.com to enter today!”(Comment below each day you share that on your facebook page.)
- Extra entry – 1 Entry for following ME on twitter – @AmyRomeroVA (Comment below once you are following me, or let me know you ALREADY follow me and include your twitter handle)
- Extra entry – 1 Entry EACH day that you TWEET: “Enter to #win Rodney Yee’s Yoga Burn! Enter at turboromero.blogspot.com”(Comment below to let me know on the days you tweet this and include your twitter handle)
This, and many other wonderful giveaways can be found at www.contestgirl.com